This recipe is very popular around our town and friends– not only is it sweet and mango-y, but it’s very healthy too!
2 Cups of Almond
½ Cup Dates, pitted and soaked (soak the pitted dates in water for at least six hours; Mum soaks a bunch and puts them in the fridge, still soaking. They lasts for about a month) If you don’t want to soak them that’s OK but you might need more dates to hold the nuts together.
Then follow three simply steps:
1. In a food processor, grind the almonds till fine
2. Add the dates and blend until the crust looks like it will stick together.
3. Pat the crust down firmly in the pie base.
4 Mangoes (8 cheeks)
These two steps are very simple:
1. Simply blend together the bananas and mangoes in the food processor until smooth
2. Pour over the crust and put in the freezer.
This pie’s consistency is best when frozen opposed to refrigerating. Take it out fifteen minutes before serving so it can soften. It re-freezes well too.